UPDATE: The photo competition has been suspended for 2021 but we hope to return in 2022.
Following the success of last year’s competition and the resulting calendar, we are once again holding a competition to find 12 pictures suitable for a 2022 calendar. This time the theme is:
You can interpret this as widely as you wish: a photograph of your Christmas tree, a birthday party, celebrating the dawn, the winter solstice or the first day of spring. As long as the picture is taken locally, and it has a celebratory theme.
If your talent lies in pencil, charcoal, or oils, you can photograph your masterpieces and submit an entry.
Note that the pictures should be jpegs, landscape to fit the calendar format and should be a reasonable resolution for printing (around 300 dpi or more). Other points are given in the competition rules (below).
It will also help if your picture fits appropriately into a season, to match the months of the calendar. The deadline for Winter photos is Friday 19th March 2021 but you can submit Spring photos up to the end of June.
The overall winner will be chosen from the final 12 images and voted by residents at the Village Hall AGM in October.
1. Photographs must be taken on or around The Narth – a reasonably wide area – or include activities like the Raft Race with which the village is involved.
2. Give a title and name the area in which the image was taken.
3. No photos of children will be accepted unless accompanied by confirmation of permission from their parents or guardians.
4. Maximum number of entries for each person is 2 per season (a total of 8 overall).
5. Only landscape JPEGs will be accepted, to fit the calendar format.
6. Photos must be high enough resolution to print, ideally 300 dpi. If in doubt check the file size – if it is less than 2 MB it may not be suitable.
7. There will be 3 deadlines through the year. Details will appear in the newsletter, village emails and on this website.
8. Finalists will be chosen by a group of judges selected by the Hall Committee, except for the cover photograph which will be voted on by attendees at the Hall Annual General Meeting in October.
9. By submitting an entry you are confirming the following:
- That the photographs were taken by yourself (or state the name and age if you are submitting them for someone under 16)
- Your permission for the images (or image owner) to be used in the calendar and any associated publicity, including the village web site and Facebook page (if you don’t want your picture on the internet please let us know, or we can arrange for it to appear as low resolution only)
- That the parents/guardians of any children in the pictures have given permission for the inclusion of their images
- You are happy for your name to appear in the calendar – if you are not willing to do this please state in the accompanying email
- You understand that by entering this competition, you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions stated above
Submitting an Entry
Send photos as landscape JPEGs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering message must state the following:
- Telephone no.
- Title of each image
- Where each image was taken
- What the picture is celebrating and in which season
- Confirmation of permission for any children’s images to be used, and that you agree to the other rules as above
Have fun and get snapping!