The new 65 Bus timetable commenced on Monday 22nd March 2021. This improved the service to The Narth as, until now, the Chepstow to Monmouth services starting at 7am and 3.30pm both bypassed our village, as did the Monmouth to Chepstow service starting at 7.45am.
The Narth now has three additional services Monday to Friday at the following times from our village:
- 07.30 to Monmouth
- 08.03 to Chepstow
- 16.00 to Monmouth
This good news follows discussions between Friends of the 65 Bus and Monmouthshire County Council.
The full timetables are available on the Friends of the 65 Bus web site www.friendsofthe65bus.org.uk
Do You Need Help Renewing your Bus Pass?
Bus pass holders must get new passes by the end of the year. You can do this at the libraries in Chepstow and Monmouth or online at www.tfw.gov.wales/travelcards
You can also go to The Narth Village Hall on
Wednesday 9th October and
Wednesday 16th October
Between 12:15pm and 1pm
Where Age Cymru Gwent staff will renew your pass online for you
You must bring with you
- Your National Insurance number
- Your current bus pass
- Your post code where you lived when you applied for your bus pass
For more information contact Friends of the 65 Bus or The Narth Village Hall Committee
The Friends of the 65 Bus, the group originally established last year to save our local bus service from threatened cuts, now have their own web site www.friendsofthe65bus.org.uk. As well as bus timetables there are suggestions for trips out, news, links to related sites (such as how to apply for a bus pass) and the continuing campaign to keep the bus in operation and encourage the use of our local public transport.
The 65 is one of the most picturesque bus routes in the country. We are very lucky to have it and we shouldn’t take it for granted, so if you have any thoughts or stories to tell, get in touch with the Friends via their site.
The holiday timetable for our 65 Bus is below. For the normal timetable from The Narth see our Local Transport page, and the full timetable on the County Council’s web site
- Monday 24 December – Normal Monday to Friday Service
- Tuesday 25 December – No service
- Wednesday 26 December – No service
- Thursday 27 December – Saturday Service
- Friday 28 December – Saturday Service
- Saturday 29 December – Saturday Service
- Sunday 30 December – No service
- Monday 31 December – Normal Monday to Friday Service
- Tuesday 1 January – No Service
- Wednesday 2 January – Normal service resumes