Hall to Stay Closed for Now

The Village Hall committee has been discussing for some time when and how we can reopen the hall, and a great deal of preparation has been done to that end. However, with cases of Covid-19 rising again, the committee has decided that the hall will stay closed for the time being.

This decision will be reviewed regularly, and we will continue to monitor the regulations and advice from the Welsh Government and Monmouthshire County Council. (The Council staff have been particularly helpful in answering our queries.)

In making this decision we have taken into account the responses to our questionnaire. These have shown that opinion is clearly divided in the village about whether we should reopen soon, and the concern expressed by some people was one of the factors in our decision. We welcome your continued input – please fill in the questionnaire if you have not already done so.

We have also looked at the layout of the hall and the viability of any events we could hold, as well as the amount of work that would be required by our volunteers to maintain high safety standards. This research will all be useful for the time when we are able to resume activities.

While the hall is closed, we are considering other ways we could interact as a village community. For example, we plan to run the hall’s Christmas Card distribution this year (but with more safety measures in place).

We will keep you informed, mainly through this web site and the village email list. If you do not receive our emails, you can request to be added to the circulation using our Contact form.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued patience and support.

The Narth & District Village Hall Committee

Opening the Hall: Your Opinion?

Please respond to our questionnaire even if you were not a regular user of the Village Hall.

The Village Hall Committee are looking at whether we can resume some activities at the Village Hall. This would require rigorous health & safety precautions. We are investigating which activities, if any, could return within the current legislation.

We have had feedback from most of the village groups, and opinions vary widely. Some are keen to get back, others will not consider doing so this year.

We value the opinion of our residents on this. We are aware that some people feel we should not open the hall at all, but we don’t know whether that is a small minority or a general feeling.

We have set up a short questionnaire, which is anonymous, and encourage people in the village to fill this in. Please let us know your thoughts using the link below. It will help us to decide how we should proceed.

If you would like a response to any particular comments or questions, please contact the Committee using the Contact Us form

Link to Questionnaire: Should We Aim to Reopen the Hall in the Near Future?